May 29, 2018
Let’s go on a trip! I always say I want to travel, but
just don’t make the plans to make it happen. This week we
talk to world travelers Kam and Shani of the popular travel blog
and instagram account “Our Family Passport.” Their goal is to
encourage other families to take a “time out” together and go and
explore the amazing world. They travel together as a
multi-generational family with ages that range from the very young
to the grandparents. In this conversation, Kam and Shani share
their travel tips they have learned from their own traveling
experiences. You will feel inspired to get that trip planned
and on the calendar. Here is what we talked about.
- Where their enthusiasm for traveling first started.
- Finding balance between family members with different interests
- The ages of their children when they first started
- Places that would be difficult to travel to with children.
- How their travel blog first started.
- How to coordinate family schedules so they can travel
- How to choose a destination.
- Strategies for appealing to everyone’s interests when
- Tips on budgeting for travel.
- Traveling credit card recommendations
- Tips for finding cheap airfare.
- Why it is important to travel with kids.
- How to pack when traveling with kids.
- How to prepare kids mentally for a long international
- Helping your child adjust to time changes and a busy traveling
- The importance of not over-scheduling when traveling.
- Recommended time to spend at each destination.
- Taking pictures and documenting your travels.
- Resources found on the “Our Family Passport” travel blog.
To Learn More From Kam and
Visit their website: Our Family Passport