Apr 17, 2018
Rachel is a mother of two miracle babies via adoption and IVF, a
former high school English teacher, and a podcaster at 3 in 30
Takeaways for Moms. This week we had a conversation
about resisting the need to constantly entertain our children, but
instead creating special “highlights” with them. Here
is what we discussed in this week’s episode:
“In motherhood, the hard Moments outnumber the perfect
moments, but the perfect moments outweigh the hard moments.” Saren
- Rachel’s journey to motherhood.
- Rachel’s experience with her son’s open adoption.
- The anxieties associated with adoption.
- How to cope with the reality of motherhood that doesn’t always
live up to the expectations of motherhood.
- The explanation of a family “Highlight” and how they help moms
create meaningful experiences with their kids without feeling
- How we can keep things easy and maintainable while still
creating memories. Everything doesn’t have to be “pinterest
- Why it’s important to stop taking so many pictures of our kids
and experience the moment.
- Examples of Highlights from Rachel’s family and how to apply
them to our own families.
- It’s the simple moments of connection that matter the most to
- The value of scheduling Highlights for our families.
- Looking for opportunities to seize a moment with our child to
create a Highlight in their life.
- The importance of looking for the “flecks of gold” in
MOM SQUAD CHALLENGE: Seize a Highlight moment.
Look for a time when you can jump in and make a memory with